The overall goal of the HPBP for O&M-EB is to support existing state-owned buildings in meeting or exceeding
operational standards that are cost-effective and enable progress toward sustainability in the following areas that form the
basis of this HPBP:
1. Optimizing energy performance
2. Enhancing indoor environmental quality
3. Conserving natural resources
4. Improving productivity
5. Reducing deferred maintenance backlogs
6. Consistent/continual improvements to building functionality, durability, utilization, and maintenance.
The HPBP for O&M-EB is promulgated to implement the concepts of HB 464 of the 64th Legislative Session as
codified in §17-7-214 and §17-7-215 MCA.
1.2. The HPBP for O&M-EB is established in consensus with the Montana University System and other state
agencies on June 10, 2016, as meeting the requirements of §17-7-214 and §17-7-215 MCA, and are otherwise
referred as the HPBP.
Link to the document: http://architecture.mt.gov/Design#169725778-high-performance-building-program-for-om-of-existing-buildings